Senior DevOps Engineer
The role of the Senior DevOps Engineer is to develop, support and oversee the Cloud Infrastructure for AppLearn’s SaaS infrastructure, which is primarily based on AWS architecture and services. You will collaborate with the Engineering teams to maintain and enhance performance, availability, reliability and security.
AppLearn make use of a wide range of services in AWS, and this role is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to learn and develop their skills. AppLearn is a high growth company, and this role will provide an excellent opportunity for someone to grow with the business as we expand.
This role will include occasional out of hours support to cover any issues with the platform
- Oversee the implementation, operations, and maintenance of AppLearn’s SaaS platform and systems, which is based mainly in AWS.
- Participate in cross functional guilds to contribute to the overall architecture and design for Adopt.
- Work closely with relevant teams to help define and maintain SLA, data security policies.
- Plan, promote, manage and execute certifications, network and architecture planning and changes, performance improvements, systems and tools for monitoring and managing high availability and DR.
- Maintain, develop and improve the monitoring, resilience and security of our platform.
- Manage vendor relationships with third party’s hardware, software and application hosting providers as needed. Monitor service levels agreements and report to senior management.
- Monitor the tech landscape. Evaluate and select technologies which can help AppLearn to improve our product.
- Enhancement and maintenance of a reliable technical infrastructure for both internal and external customer facing product needs, that meets appropriate SLA’s.
- Ensure the company’s internal technological processes and customer-facing services comply with expectations and applicable laws and regulations for privacy, security, and social responsibility in line with company annual ISO compliance
- Deep knowledge of infrastructure, networking and system components such as TCP/IP, Switches, Routers, DNS, Storage - NAS/SAN, Windows/Linux, Middleware components, load balancing and high availability cluster solutions.
- In depth understanding of shared, distributed computing infrastructure platforms and environments.
- Experience with AWS is essential. Knowledge of a range of services. The ones we use most are (API Gateway, Lambda, RDS, EC2, ECS). AWS certifications would be a major plus.
- Knowledge of Docker
- Database management (we use MySql in RDS).
Experience in the following will be beneficial. Training can be provided for any gaps however:
Ability to monitor SLAs with software, and third party application hosting providers and report status to senior management. Assist in annual budget process by providing information regarding ongoing costs of SaaS delivery platform and components
- Experience in defining and communicating SLAs, data security policies and certifications for a SaaS company.
- Experience with information security and ISO27001.
- Vendor selection and management experience.
What do we offer in return?:
- 25 days holiday
- Hybrid, flexible working model
- Bonus plan paid every 6 months
- Share options
- Pension plan
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Health cash plan
- Annual pay review
- Discounted gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free breakfast every day when in the office
- Free onsite parking
- Free office fitness and mindfulness classes
- Monthly well-being sessions
- 24/7 mental health support and company paid counselling